(This is a community announcement)
The repaving of Renton Avenue S between 51st Ave S and S Ryan that began on Wednesday, June 15 is expected take approximately three months to complete. Crews will install curb ramps, curb bulbs, and grind and repave the roadway.
Upgraded pedestrian crossing signals will also be installed at the intersection of Renton Ave S and S Ryan St.
Parking will not be allowed on Renton Ave S between 51st Ave S and S Ryan St during grinding and paving operations. Parking may also be restricted at times near other work areas; please observe the No Parking signage.
UPCOMING CONSTRUCTION SCHEDULE
Renton Ave S from 51st Ave to S Ryan St
Crews will work on curb bulbs and repaving on the east half of the street (with traffic to the west) and then move the work zone to the west side of the street.
Click here to view the full construction notice and map.
What to Expect During Construction
- Expect delays on Renton Ave S during construction
- No parking on Renton Ave S between 51st Ave S and S Ryan St
- Two-way traffic flows on Renton Ave S, with vehicles shifted to one side of the street to provide a work zone on the opposite side
- Sidewalks will generally remain open; some pedestrian detour routes will be required
- Flaggers will be positioned at cross streets to direct traffic and assist pedestrians
- Pavement will be rough after grinding and prior to paving
- Driveways will be kept open for access, except for very short periods while grinding and paving street next to driveway
- Noise, dust and vibration near work zone
- Long work hours: 7 AM to 7 PM
- Reduced speed limits and longer travel times in project area
This work is weather dependent and may be rescheduled if needed.