by Ashley Mouldon
Summer is one of the best seasons for food: garden-fresh produce, grill-outs and patios. It’s a great time to try new recipes, using the season’s favorite ingredients ranging from ripened tomatoes to creamy ice cream.
The South Seattle Supper Club has been taking full advantage of the warm weather, getting together for outdoor dinners and enjoying local music and bites. In June, the group gathered and enjoyed a summer favorite: BBQ ribs! Check out the easy recipe, below, for your next cookout. In July, we took to the streets and enjoyed the Columbia City Beat Walk taking in the sights and sounds of the neighborhood.
It’s hard to believe though, that August is right around the corner. But that doesn’t mean you can’t still enjoy what’s left of the summer! Join the Supper Club in next month for one last Summer Cookout evening and bring your favorite seasonal dish to share. Don’t forget the recipe!
The Supper Club is currently looking for new members! To find out how to get involved, send an email to Ashley at email@example.com.
Summer’s Featured Recipe:
- 24oz Amber Ale
- 1 bottle (16oz) of BBQ sauce
- One rack of Baby Back Ribs (Pork is best)
- 5+ cloves of Garlic
- Golden Brown Sugar
- Garlic Powder
- Seasoning Salt
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Rooster Sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 275
- Mix half of the BBQ sauce with the beer in a bowl and add in 1-2 tablespoons of Rooster Sauce
- Spray deep dish cooking pan with non-stick spray
- Season ribs with Brown Sugar, Paprika, Garlic Powder, Seasoning Salt, Ground Pepper, on both sides
- Mince Garlic and put in bottom of pan (split up if two pans are needed)
- Put Ribs over chopped garlic
- Pour Beer/BBQ sauce mixture over ribs and make sure it gets underneath ribs as well
- Cover tightly with Aluminum Foil and leave in oven for 3-4 hours, taking out once halfway through to rotate pan and baste meat with cooking juices
- Set BBQ to Medium the last 15 minutes of over time
- Put ribs on BBQ and baste with remaining BBQ sauce…5-8 min each side, baste again when flipped